Saturday, April 13, 2013

PhD

It has been a long time since I last posted. I have been spending more time tweeting and on Instagram, but a lot has happened since then. We elected a President, Birthdays March Madness (tear.), winter, and I finished my PhD. Just before the election I attended a conference in Cincinnati - where both candidates also found themselves that same weekend - and I headed directly to Atlanta and defended my dissertation on Monday Nov. 5th. I am happy to say that I passed and had one night to celebrate with some of my friends in Atlanta.

The title of the dissertation is Planning For The New Urban Climate: Interactions Of Local Environmental Planning And Regional Extreme Heat. It can be found here for those interested.

Since the defense I have been continuing to discover my role and develop ideas at Wisconsin as part of the Nelson Environmental Institute's Center for Sustainability and the Global Environment.

1 comment:

Brennan said...

Haters going to Heat.