Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Student Loans

I'm moving closer to graduating, and this time it'll be for good. Which means I can look forward to devoting a significant portion of my salary to debt - almost all of it from particular southern private university. I heard today on Marketplace - after an on site show at a particular southern private university - that the collective student loan debt for US students is $870 Billion. Story here There is some good news about all that debt accrued from learning things. The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 lays out a plan for people working in public service full time to have the remainder of their loans forgiven after 10 years or 120 payments. Public health is mentioned specifically, however, Lauren informs me that the CDC is not an eligible organization. More info here

No comments: