Thursday, August 12, 2010

Northern Michigan

The weather up in northern Michigan was much nicer than last year when Matt and I went up there. we got to enjoy the water without wetsuits and could sit outside in shorts and such. One thing I got to do this time that I had not done before was to take a trip out on the water in the kayak. One still morning I paddled over to the University of Michigan's Biological Station property and sat for awhile. I listened to a odd sound that I couldn't figure out until I moved in for a closer look. Earlier, when I first made it over to that side, I spotted a group of about five or six deer taking a dip in the lake. The quiet and still of the water are nice but I would like to learn more about the proper way to paddle. BTW... click on the picture to see more of the weekend.

No comments: